Welcome to the website for the Sunshine Coast Amateur Winemakers Association. We’re located in British Columbia’s beautiful Sunshine Coast region (see map, below) and are part of the BC Amateur Winemakers Association. We meet each month to share ideas about winemaking and to sample member wines.
A few benefits that we offer to our members:
- Sharing knowledge and experience, solving problems, critiquing wines. In short, learning how to make better wines!
- Sharing of equipment owned by SCAWA (motorized crusher/de-stemmer, bladder press, mechanical press)
- Group procurement of grapes from California, Washington, and BC including transport to the Sunshine Coast.
- Opportunity to enter our wines in Provincial and National competitions, getting feedback from trained judges (and possible medals).
- Access to wine tours, social events, and educational seminars offered by the BC Amateur Winemakers Association and affiliated clubs.
- Club member discounts at selected suppliers.
- Participating in the annual Club Crush.
To learn more about us click any of the links above, or follow this link for meeting dates. Please check back regularly for updates to events and other information.